• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Recommendations for Very High-End 1911s

AKDrillo86

Default rank <300 posts Supporter
Tracker
27   0
Reaction score
I am falling down the rabbit hole that is the 1911 and wanted to get some names of top makers of custom high-end 1911s to look at. I don't really know the threshold for "high-end", but I am seeing 4K - 5K+ newly manufactured 1911s. I found Cabot Guns, Ed Brown, Nighthawk...But not sure if these are really amazing 1911s or just pricey flash. Any other notable names to look at?

Not really looking at rare, historical 1911s, or collectors; more interested in newly manufactured, high-end pistols. For clarity just looking and dreaming, not wanting to purchase at this time.

Any names you can provide for eye candy is appreciated. I am completely new to the 1911 platform and already feel like its a good fit for my interests (history, beauty, caliber).

Thanks!

Maybe some owners of the Staccatos could chime in. These are in the 2500 range. I like my Dan Wesson but they are not in the league you are looking at. I attended a law enforcement competition last year and talked with a guy that carried a Nighthawk on duty and shot the event with it. He told me he had previously owned a Wilson but liked the Nighthawk better.

Back
Top Bottom