• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Real common sense gun law in Kennesaw, GA!

Lived in Kennesaw since moving to GA in '93. This law was one of several deciding factors in choosing Kennesaw. Sadly, Kennesaw and Cobb have turned blue over the past 2 decades and it wouldn't surprise me if this law was wiped from the books at some point.
I lived most of my young adult life in Cobb County next to Kennesaw. I remember this law and watched that area become infested with illegals in Smyrna, foreigners from who-knows-where and liberals who fled Atlanta (while pretending they were unbiased). Gave it all up along with my whole family in 2003 and moved North. Haven't regretted one day about that decision. They can all suck it... The fools still there can keep paying exorbitant property taxes for all those Section 8 renters and liberals playing like they're happy, but I won't

1982!!!!!! This is all just liberal, hand-wringing push-poll nonsense.... Daily Wire needs their gonads wire-brushed for a plethora of inane added commentary.
Completely disagree. Kennesaw is used as just one example of how gun ownership serves to deter crime. The video isn't about Kennesaw per sae.

Did you watch the entire video?

I lived most of my young adult life in Cobb County next to Kennesaw. I remember this law and watched that area become infested with illegals in Smyrna, foreigners from who-knows-where and liberals who fled Atlanta (while pretending they were unbiased). Gave it all up along with my whole family in 2003 and moved North. Haven't regretted one day about that decision. They can all suck it... The fools still there can keep paying exorbitant property taxes for all those Section 8 renters and liberals playing like they're happy, but I won't
off-to-work-leaving.gif

Completely disagree. Kennesaw is used as just one example of how gun ownership serves to determine crime. The video isn't about Kennesaw per sae.

Did you watch the entire video?
I watched enough to see that it's a dog whistle against homeowners arming themselves. The law was SYMBOLIC. Period.... if you can't understand that I can't help you...

I didn't watch the video, but I moved Marietta in 1984 and Kennesaw's pro gun ordinance dating from 1982 was very well known all across the South.

By the way, Kennesaw's law was a response to a 1981 handgun ban in Morton Grove, Illinois -- a very liberal, mostly Jewish, suburb of Chicago.

But unlike Kennesaw's law, Morton Grove did not include a loophole where are you could keep a handgun if it were really really important to you, but Kennesaw's law had a conscientious objector clause where the government really couldn't make anybody own a gun if they were opposed to it on principle.

Back
Top Bottom