RCBS doesn't Suck it!

RamRoddoc

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
62   0
Reaction score
Well RamRoddoc about 5 weeks ago had a melt down and cussing fit.

While moving some stuff on the top shelf of my reloading table my .45 Colt dies (in case) fell 3 foot on to the end of the beam of my RCBS 10-10-10 scales. Yep it sheared the freaking beam tip straight off. After I composed myself (I had these scales since 1990) I tried to JB weld the fracture but it was a No Go.

So I looked for a new scale and the best price was around $160 or so shipped for a new RCBS 10-10-10 model. An e-mail reply from RCBS confirmed that they don't sell parts (the beam) and I could get a new scales for the paltry sum of $75.

I replied; please tell me where to send my $75 so I can get a real RCBS "10-10-10" scale. The reply said to print the e-mail and send it to them with old broken scales.

Yesterday, I found the box opened in the kitchen (the wife thought it was something for her) and in it was a spanking new RCBS 10-10-10 scales. I assume the $75 is what they sell to dealers as actual retail cost is over double that.

I'm a happy camper and hopefully God doesn't hold a grudge against me and my pervious vain verbal indiscretions. 2 thumbs up for RCBS!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I'm shocked they didn't send it for free or repair it free.

Well if it broke for no reason I would politely have requested it replaced for free but this was sheer stupidity and bad juju on my part with no fault of the equipment. I would not expect any company to replace a $160 item that was 22 years old that I broke. So I say they don't suck it when they offered a new one for half price.

The amazing thing is this scale has been marketed pretty much as is for as long as it has. It's the best scale I ever used for the money. The only visible physical difference was the paint was more silver-green and smoother than my older scale. Otherwise it looks the same and works the same-great!

RCBS usually has great customer service. The only complaint I've ever had is my electronics RCBS scale. Life time warranty but they will not honor it. I was told to send it back to the manufacturer. You have to enclose a check for $34.95/ Figure shipping it back and the cost of replacement would be around $45.00 for a scale that has a lifetime warranty. Not really worth it.

Back
Top Bottom