• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

RC tow truck

furious

Default rank <4500 posts Lifetime Supporter
Don't let yesterday use up too much of today.
261   0
Reaction score
I just finished a big radio controlled tow truck for a friend. It's the newest release from Tamiya in their 1/14 scale big rig line. The Volvo FH16 Globetrotter 750 8x4 tow truck. It's 29 inches long with the tow bar folded up. He bought every option he could find for it. It was around $1200 just for the kit. I'm assuming that he has about that much or more in the radio plus all the upgrade parts. He went with the sound , vibration and light controller. The boom actuator. And a 4 channel radio. (personally I would have chosen a 6 channel). It has working strobes all around. Sounds include the engine, air brakes, starter, reverse siren, horn, even has the sound of a guy walking up and opening the door and then putting the keys in the ignition. It also has dash lights.
He went with the upgrade gears throughout the truck, upgrade axles, axles housings, suspension links, heavy duty servos. It has a three speed transmission with gear selection from the controller.

It's really insane how detailed this thing is.

DSCN4767.JPG
DSCN4768.JPG
DSCN4751.JPG
DSCN4749.JPG
DSCN4761.JPG

There is a hobby shop that just popped up in Sharpsburg. I went in to see some of these types of builds and I was pretty impressed. He didn't have anything like this though!

Back
Top Bottom