• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

RC/Nitro cars

Lucky kid. I wish we could’ve afforded these when I was a kid. Best I got were the $19.99 cheapies from Walmart or worse. I eventually bought a bunch of hobby grade rc cars and planes. Good times but very expensive hobby.

Lucky kid. I wish we could’ve afforded these when I was a kid. Best I got were the $19.99 cheapies from Walmart or worse. I eventually bought a bunch of hobby grade rc cars and planes. Good times but very expensive hobby.

That was me too when I was a kid and my son loves this stuff. That old saying about trying to give your kids a better life than you had type. It makes me happy for them to be happy.

From my understanding the 5000 mAh battery is the one to have. We got the 4000.

It's not just the capacity but the discharge rate you need to worry about. There should be a number like 45C on the battery. That's the discharge rate. If you run a battery with a low discharge rate on that VXL system it could ruin the battery and even cause a fire. Inspect the battery after each run and after each charging.

Buy the best batteries and charger you can afford. LiPo batteries are no joke. When they pop, they blow a powerful flame and lots of toxic smoke.

BTW, Traxxas is a good choice. Their plastic parts take a serious beating. When replacing a part always go back with the original plastic parts. When you use the aftermarket aluminum parts they can be damaged very easily.

Lipo Explosion Lipo Fire RC Lipo Battery Explodes at home - YouTube

Appreciate the information. This is the battery
339d9e0755bf269165be2461c262b9ec.jpg

Back
Top Bottom