• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

RBGC USPSA limited WIN!!!!!

pistolpat

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
52   0
Reaction score
Shot the uspsa match at rbgc this weekend and performed good enough to get the win in limited!!!! Starting to get the hang of the Honcho which helped along with a dry fire program I have been doing that has improved some of the small things that add up! Also been loosing weight (59lbs down) so my movement has gotten better without being so winded.

Yep, that's some good running & gunning.
Some of those double-taps on the target-- so fast-- do you manage to re-acquire a sight picture for the second shot, or just aim the first one and let muscle memory hold the gun in the right place for the second shot?

Your eyes are a LOT faster than we think they are, especially if you don't blink during the firing cycle. I regularly do sub-twenty (0.20 second) double taps, seeing the sight picture and calling the shots.

That being said, there are three versions of the "double tap":

1. The "Controlled Pair" - useful on relatively distant or small targets. The shooter obtains the sight picture, presses the trigger, waits for the gun to settle after recoil, refines the sight picture, and presses again for the second shot. Literally, two completely separate shots fired back-to-back.

2. The "Dedicated Pair" - useful on relatively close targets. The shooter obtains the sight picture and presses the trigger. After the gun settles, the shooter sees what the sight picture looks like, but doesn't take the time to refine it before pressing the second shot.

3. The "Hammer" - useful only on the closest wide-open targets. The shooter sees one sight picture and presses the trigger twice.

In my experimentation, I have found that there's really only a 0.04 or 0.05 difference between the extremes, so I find myself using Controlled Pairs more-often than not.

Back
Top Bottom