• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Rare Cobray Terminator - Part Fabrication Needed

AC-130 Above

Default rank <3500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
152   0
Reaction score
Does anyone know a gunsmith that fabricates parts? This is a very unusual request but I need the barrel lock piece for a Cobray Terminator shotgun. I have not fired this gun yet, a little apprehensive due to the lack of this part. Its a really rare gun and I'd like to get it back to 100%. I don't have a blueprint, haven't been able to find much about this gun online, only 1,450 were made between 87-90.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0041.JPG
    IMG_0041.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 562
  • IMG_0042.JPG
    IMG_0042.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 524
  • IMG_0043.JPG
    IMG_0043.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 536
  • cobray-terminator-shotgun-manual.jpg
    cobray-terminator-shotgun-manual.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 579
Current Status - cleaning stage

Never before seen online picture of a Cobray Terminator disassembled. May make a video for youtube, there is only two videos on there for this gun

Attachments

• IMG_0044.JPG
    IMG_0044.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 593
Was the barrel lock the only piece missing?
Yes and the two little fat springs that go with it. The cocking lever is bent a little but still functions. The wire stock is not straight but still functions with some force. She's not the prettiest Terminator but its functional! Only concern I have is firing a round without having the bolt locked in place whether that would cause a issue for either the shooter or the firearm.

Are you able to tell how that barrel lock might have been retained originally?
Yes its hard to explain thru text. If you go on youtube and check out forgotten weapons it shows how it is retained. Basically the barrel lock piece slides partially under the "tube" thus not allowing it to fall out. Notice in my first two pictures, the space that is covered in the first picture is what I'm talking about. I know its confusing to say through text lol

In the second picture I have removed the barrel nut on the back allowing the barrel to go back farther than usual thus exposing the entire barrel lock assembly. It is just missing, I don't have anything to go off of unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom