• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

rants and job help

Baldilox

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
126   0
Reaction score
*Yes, job hunt. Again. Had heart surgery a few months ago, needed recovery time and now have "enjoyed" more free time than I'd anticipated. Baha
Although I may have to, don't want to return to the type of job I've mostly held. That job (working among power tripping Marxist idiots with axes to grind) is partly the reason why I needed the surgery. This plus food <oink> and heredity. Thanks, Mom.

*ODT has been good to me and for me. Have learned and laughed. At least twice, I've asked for help in the form of resume tooling or job suggestions. Many here came through and gave freely of your time. Thank you!

I'm at an age where I shouldn't have to worry about this anymore. I was given gifts and have neglected them. Don't mean silver spoon up the hoo-ha, but a decent intellect.
Especially as an only child, I'd like to be able to help out my 82 y/o mother (She drives me up a frickin tree, but she's the only one I have), rather than have her in a constant state of worry about me. Mind you, nothing I do will be good enough, lol. I do help, and financially she's not bad off, thanks to working her ass off for decades while raising me.

There's other stuff at play and a level of unhappiness that I won't type here, but it's not easy. I'm kinda in freefall, feels like. No family besides a chronically disappointed mother, lol. If I had a wife/kids that would sharpen the focus and stifle the Baldilox Pity Party. So many have it way worse.

I applied for a remote position with "Stop Soldier Suicide" and didn't get it. Think it was a writer/trainer type job and up my alley. Would like to do something meaningful and pay back while I can, not just pay mortgage. It's good to help kids and to help vets, simple. It was a losing battle to try and empower kids with critical independent thought (along with German, Latin or English), before they were zombified by peers, other teachers and admin. But one worth fighting. Too much stress though I think, given time spent in the hotseat with stupid, STUPID people (often power-crazed, paranoid women) who don't have students' best interests in mind. 2-3 times I made the mistake of not telling a principal to shove it where the kids don't whine. It was physically painful to hold back.

Anyhow: Think I have the resume thing on lock - going to run with earnbetter.com with resume/cover letter stuff. Free is good, and the products their T-1000 cranks out and can tailor instantly to any job are time savers.

*Any job ideas? Remote or within a drive of Midway/Richmond Hill/Savannah/ SE GA?
*Anyone got connections at the Hyundai plant being built down here? I just applied for a position with HMGMA late last night.

I write/edit well, evidence to the contrary. Can build rapport with anyone except Marxist soccer moms in a school setting. Have always been good with ideas, problem solving (just not my own), am thinking that would translate well with some ad agency or bubba think tank type thing.

Sorry to rant, am a meanderthal (Baldilox copyright 2024).

Thanks all.

----, I would give up reading this halfway through. Sincere thanks to anyone who finishes and has any guidance/suggestions. For specifics, I'd really prefer PM's, thanks.

Baldilox

1706806510095.png

Back
Top Bottom