• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Raising asking price....

As someone that took an ODT break for a few years I can pretty confidently say that the Trader part of ODT is actually better than ever. The site has grown so there's a lot more availability. Flippers and price gougers have been a thing since year one. It's not an ODT thing, it's a human thing.

ODT started out as craigslist for guns.....literally. That's why the name TRADER is in the name. The discussion forums are secondary and came after the site had already established itself as the place to buy sell and trade in the state of Georgia. I think you have a higher opinion of what this place actually is than it is. It's a digital flea market.

I meant in spirit, not in name... Lots of flippers, people selling for dumb prices... lots of new folks that end up not being reliable...

As someone that took an ODT break for a few years I can pretty confidently say that the Trader part of ODT is actually better than ever. The site has grown so there's a lot more availability. Flippers and price gougers have been a thing since year one. It's not an ODT thing, it's a human thing.
PLEEEZ tell me your secret on how you took a break from this site for a couple years....Many have tried but usually fail

PLEEEZ tell me your secret on how you took a break from this site for a couple years....Many have tried but usually fail
Lose your job and find a new one that pays a lot less but increases work hours by a ton. Also, have your wife start a midlife crisis. Got life figured out again and start getting back into this stuff... right back in the middle of another damn panic, LOL.

Seems much worse than when I signed up... I don't even bother scrolling through the for sale areas anymore, because seeing $1600 used Keltecs and stuff is just plain annoying... lol

It just seems that way to you. Been like that from the start. 99.999999% of the stuff listed on here has always been WAY overpriced. That's cool with me though, because it makes finding the deals that much sweeter.

btw, just looking through the stuff you have sold in the past, it all seems overpriced to me, but to others it was a deal. It's all subjective.

Back
Top Bottom