• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Radio controlled tank is finished

furious

Default rank <4500 posts Lifetime Supporter
Don't let yesterday use up too much of today.
261   0
Reaction score
Tamiya 1/16 scale M1A2 with sounds, lights, suspension, target fix, auto leveling turret, main gun recoil and muzzle flash, main machine gun muzzle flash, brakes. Aluminum barrel, metal hull, metal suspension, drive sprockets, upgrade metal gears, upgrade drive motor, ball bearings throughout.

This thing is big and heavy (about 20lbs). It's very scale. I like it and it was fun assembling/painting. I did my usual paint and weather techniques. It turned out great. It took three weeks to build.

The guy that owns it will have about $2000 in it after I deliver it.

DSCN2652.JPG
DSCN2654.JPG
DSCN2656.JPG
DSCN2657.JPG
DSCN2658.JPG

Coming together nicely! Years ago, 90's, there was a co-worker that used to prank people. To get back at him I bought an RC tank that fired airsoft BB's. Drive it into his cubicle area, rotated the turret, raised the barrel so it was pointed at his arse. I figured he'd made some wise a$$ comment not realizing this thing could fire. Then I fired. Then I fired again. He was hopping around trying to get out of his chair and out of the cross hairs. I suppose that sort of workplace shenanigan would be greatly frowned upon these days. Fun to have a tank, everybody should own one. RC or otherwise!

Back
Top Bottom