• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Quonset Hut Home

Not exactly what you're looking at (could be used for it though) ; but I saw something like this in Summerville GA and I think if we ever move , I'm going this route. I heard you have no heat or a/c bill?
underground-home-kirknielsenDOTcom.jpg
I'd live in that

Snow load is not an issue. Anchorage, AK still has quonsent huts in midtown (12th Ave, betwen New Seward hwy and Arctic) that were set up in the 50s or 60s.
Tney were still standing and being used for business in late 2000s when I left AK.

Not exactly what you're looking at (could be used for it though) ; but I saw something like this in Summerville GA and I think if we ever move , I'm going this route. I heard you have no heat or a/c bill?
underground-home-kirknielsenDOTcom.jpg
It is on 27 before you go over the ridge into Summervie and has been there FOREVER. i have always wo Derek whT it looked like inside. Doez anyone have any pictures or ever been inside?

It is on 27 before you go over the ridge into Summervie and has been there FOREVER. i have always wo Derek whT it looked like inside. Doez anyone have any pictures or ever been inside?
I've almost stopped by a couple times but...but..Summerville and all haha . They may be cool people ? If anyone goes.... it does not look as good as my picture, that's just as close as i could find , but i think it looks nice myself and with no heating or cooling bills...shoot...my power bill would be $25 a month instead of $225 . I hope the county and or Georgia Power doesn't tax the folks extra every month for building a power saver; i know they will around here if you go off grid (as in homemade solar and flipping the breaker box off) . Amurica!!! lol

Every base I've been on has had Quonset huts. The Houston County BOE even has a few. I like them and would live in one without issue. The ones I've been in have ranged from decent insulation and damp/musty to blown modern insulation that were bone dry and completely climate unaffected.

You don't care about the lack of windows? I think I like the sunlight too much to be underground.

Back
Top Bottom