• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Quonset Hut Home

Here is a Google Earth picture of a garage that we assembled in 1988 ....I remember it was 1988 that is the year before my grandfather passed away.... I suspect it's been used as a garage as that was its intended purpose.... This is up on the Canadian border in a little place called Massena New York.....
b3ea09ad6b869677ada3c49ef0280e56.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Massena! snow and cold Capital of NYS.....!

Not exactly what you're looking at (could be used for it though) ; but I saw something like this in Summerville GA and I think if we ever move , I'm going this route. I heard you have no heat or a/c bill?
underground-home-kirknielsenDOTcom.jpg
There's one in the ground up the road from me.. claims it stays pretty chill all year 70-75 underground

If you go this direction, consider the erection process. 60’ wide is not twice as wide as 30’ when it comes to these. I’ve been involved in putting a couple of the up. I’ll be glad to share my experience. You can occasionally find ones that were ordered and then cancelled. They are “discounted”. Make sure you buy every thing you need up front because they kill you on after the fact add on’s

I'm not finding any contractors that build these. I did find a nice one (IMO) in Morganton GA for under $300k but it looks like it's gone. That's a beautiful area if you didn't already know. I can't post the list on Realtor.com , says it's "not secure" . I don't know where you're thinking about building? Most of the underground homes I've found for sale are ridiculously priced. Hope you find what you're looking for. :thumb:

Considering loads. If built here I don't think snow loads will ever be an issue. Also by the very design/shape they are very structurally sound. Arches have been around forever and are still standing from back during the roman times. I would love to build something into the side of a hill.

Back
Top Bottom