• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Quonset Hut Home

Lived in one outside hickam field for about two years -- actually 1/2 of one, it was divided into two one bedroom apartments -- cost us 22.50 per month with utilities ==
only down side, the bathroom was towards the side and you could not stand up straight to take a pee --
bedroom on opposite side, could not sit up in bed -- not an issue when newly married

I remember stuffing pink insulation into the ends years ago and don't remember if any insulation options were even available back then... Damn....I remember when dog poop turned into white dust...

Not exactly what you're looking at (could be used for it though) ; but I saw something like this in Summerville GA and I think if we ever move , I'm going this route. I heard you have no heat or a/c bill?
underground-home-kirknielsenDOTcom.jpg
Link?

Not exactly what you're looking at (could be used for it though) ; but I saw something like this in Summerville GA and I think if we ever move , I'm going this route. I heard you have no heat or a/c bill?
underground-home-kirknielsenDOTcom.jpg

That's awesome.

I remember some older houses in the northern mid west to west that looked sunk into the ground with windows that stared out into the ground. Same premise. Easy to keep temperate year round.

This company in Boone NC makes them. I've tried to sell them the raw steel to make the buildings but never got anyone in purchasing to return my calls. If you get any info from them I'd like to know what their specs on the steel are. I think Varco Pruden (VPBuildings) also has the rollformers to make quonset panels unless they sold or scrapped them.

http://steelarchbuildings.com/catalog/home.php

Back
Top Bottom