Quietest .22 Rimfire Ammo

It's SUPER Colibri.
A bit faster than regular Colibri.

20 gr. @ 590 ft/s = 14.5 foot-lbs. energy,
the same as an adult spring-piston air rifle
(break barrel) that shoots a 7.5 grain lead .177 pellet
at 930 ft./s.

Those kinds of air rifles are notoriously good
at killing squirrels, if you can hit them.
Good out to 25 yards.

4FFF1576-8733-463A-877B-C74D8DF6FFAB.jpeg 37C75B5D-325A-45D7-AD5A-076F21FDB40B.jpeg

I always like CB shorts, just the click of the firing pin and the smack on the target. Reminds me I need to get back on the hunt of a good single shot 22 target gun with a threaded barrel.

It's SUPER Colibri.
A bit faster than regular Colibri.

20 gr. @ 590 ft/s = 14.5 foot-lbs. energy,
the same as an adult spring-piston air rifle
(break barrel) that shoots a 7.5 grain lead .177 pellet
at 930 ft./s.

Those kinds of air rifles are notoriously good
at killing squirrels, if you can hit them.
Good out to 25 yards.
you're correct.I have the others.

Why y’all expect a 10/22 to cycle something quiet without a muffler ? Besides if you’re even buying colibri you more than likely got a pellet rifle . Why not just use that ?

I can attest that the CCI semi-quiets are super quiet out of my suppressor and cycles my Ruger MK pistol and TCR/22 as well as 10/22. We were shooting the TCR/22 bench rest at 50 yards New Years Day, very accurate. Granddaughter beat all of us. No longer own a bolt action.

If you want the best of all worlds, CCI Green Tag. Match grade, and you will rarely have a failure. Subsonic, but cycles everything I've put it in. Cons: expensive, hard to find. Can't beat 'em for a squirrel rampage.

I was running CCI Quiet Semi-Auto yesterday out of a Ruger 10/22 with a 16” TacSol barrel and an AAC Prodigy. Amazingly quiet, all I could hear was the bolt cycling. Absolutely no muzzle rise; the gun just gave a quiver when the round went off. Good and reliable. I fired a few rounds without the can, out of curiosity, and it was still pretty quiet.

Back
Top Bottom