• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Quietest .22 Rimfire Ammo

CCI is just releasing the Quiet 22 "Semi-Auto" and is supposed to be able to function a 10-22 reliably. They upped the velocity just a little to get it to function. No idea if they are released yet or not.

I just got a couple of boxes of the Quiet 22 Semi-Auto from Midway today.

The first round to the right, kind flat, didn't leave the barrel. It was a MAC 10 in full auto, so at a 1,000 rpm cyclic rate, the subsequent rounds stacked up pretty fast, and stopped pretty fast against the squib, bulging the barrel. The arrow is the direction of travel of the bullets.

dud cut the barrel open to show his artistic creation.

What's the velocity on the box?

I want to say that the Quiets are 710fps.

I'd be curious to know what they sound like compared to the regular Quiets fired back to back.
835fps
upload_2019-7-9_15-58-4.png

Method of testing.... tested the sound with my ears, there was very noticeable difference in the sound of the rounds. Remember guys, the point of this test was finding a good quiet round. I had zero rounds that didn't hit the target and clear the barrel, in reverse order.

It wasn't necessary to me that they be able to kill a coyote at 300 yards. I could ring the silhouettes nicely at 50 yards and that was the extent of my testing on penetration. If someone wants to pick up the gauntlet from here and run with it I'm A-OK with that.

For now, I'll be shooting the Colibri's in my garage with my Henry and having a great time with the kids - in town. We've got a 4x8 sheet of 3/4" plywood as a backstop behind an amazon box full of my old fishing and hunting magazines. If a projectile cleared the box, plywood backer, and went through my garage wall it would tear through my greenbelt full of trees before hitting a bank. The chances of a Colibri doing this are sufficiently low that I'm OK with that.

I'll post the penetration once i have it. Happy shooting!

Back
Top Bottom