• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Quickest Way To Trim Brass

Giraud. Henderson is nice but can leave marks on the inside of the case neck that can cause inconsistent neck tension. Everything else isn’t close.

Giraud. Henderson is nice but can leave marks on the inside of the case neck that can cause inconsistent neck tension. Everything else isn’t close.

Have you used the Henderson?

I have to disagree. I haven’t seen that at all.

My .48 MOA .308 disagrees as well.

I have a Gen 3. Maybe it was an issue with previous Gens? Can’t speak to that.

I’ve used the Giraud as well. Top notch product. For me, and this is totally subjective, it’s just to hard on the fingers when doing so many cases. Which is why I went with the Henderson.

At the end of the day the Giraud and the Henderson are the two best products in the category and you can’t go wrong with either. The are the only products that effectively trim, chamfer and deburr. Others claim to but don’t. (Except the Forster lathe style trimmer which is the cutter both are based around, just automated)

If you’re interested in the Henderson, check Panhandle Precision’s videos on YouTube.

I finally stepped up because of the time factor involved with large quantities of brass. I tumble, lube, then do one run through my Dillon, wet tumble then load. The press has a full size/de-cap die, a swage it, Dillon RT1500 electric trimmer. I’ve just done .300 BO so far, seems fine except projectiles without a boat tail need to be held in place. You can fly through some brass and never get tired fingers. I have the trim dies to do .223, 6.8spc and .308 eventually.

I’ve used the Giraud as well. Top notch product. For me, and this is totally subjective, it’s just to hard on the fingers when doing so many cases. Which is why I went with the Henderson.

At the end of the day the Giraud and the Henderson are the two best products in the category and you can’t go wrong with either. The are the only products that effectively trim, chamfer and deburr. Others claim to but don’t. (Except the Forster lathe style trimmer which is the cutter both are based around, just automated)

If you’re interested in the Henderson, check Panhandle Precision’s videos on YouTube.

Yes and see post here - https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/amp-press-now-in-stock.7085577/post-9641034

Attachments

• 2021-08-03 14_14_09-AMP Press now in stock!! _ Page 3 _ Sniper's Hide Forum.png
    2021-08-03 14_14_09-AMP Press now in stock!! _ Page 3 _ Sniper's Hide Forum.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 10
  • 2021-08-03 14_14_33-AMP Press now in stock!! _ Page 3 _ Sniper's Hide Forum.png
    2021-08-03 14_14_33-AMP Press now in stock!! _ Page 3 _ Sniper's Hide Forum.png
    427.7 KB · Views: 10
I finally stepped up because of the time factor involved with large quantities of brass. I tumble, lube, then do one run through my Dillon, wet tumble then load. The press has a full size/de-cap die, a swage it, Dillon RT1500 electric trimmer. I’ve just done .300 BO so far, seems fine except projectiles without a boat tail need to be held in place. You can fly through some brass and never get tired fingers. I have the trim dies to do .223, 6.8spc and .308 eventually.

Get a Lyman M Die. Flair the neck just a little, makes bulk loading SO much easier in with flat base bullets.

Not great for precision work, but then for this your probably not bulk loading.

Get a Lyman M Die. Flair the neck just a little, makes bulk loading SO much easier in with flat base bullets.

Not great for precision work, but then for this your probably not bulk loading.
I thought the Dillon powder funnel would flair the case end a bit? I manually measured and loaded the 50 test rounds. Next I’ll load them on the press and see if it makes a difference.

Rubber coated cloth mesh gloves at Harbor Freight. Only way I can do 1,000 cases in an hour without blisters.

Back
Top Bottom