Reaction score
Item Name: FT Question about Remington bucket of .22lr bullets

Zip Code: 30014

Item is for: Trade Only
Trade Value or Items Looking For: 1

Caliber: .22

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: I bought a new Bucket of Bullets a few years ago when .22lr was hard to find. I never opened it and stored it in a vault because I don’t shoot any more. Sold it today knowing ammo is hard to find and to help someone out “I thought”! Later After we parted ways, I was told it is a bucket of reloads!! Has anyone else found reloads in one of these Remington Bucket of Bullets? Never heard of "reloaded" .22lr but I am no expert. Do they sell them that way? Just seems a little odd for someone to find that in an unopened bucket. Of course now I am taking it back and returning their money to make it right but this is strange and I don’t like any accusations that I ripped somebody off!!! If this is the wrong place to post I apologize but I just need to figure out what happened. Any comments from someone that has bought these before are welcome

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
While it is possible to reload 22, every reloaded case would have a primer strike on the case.

Golden bullets are bottom of the barrel in quality , but they won't be a mix of manufacturers or bullet types.

You got someone's stash of 22, how it was available for resale is the question.

While it is possible to reload 22, every reloaded case would have a primer strike on the case.

Golden bullets are bottom of the barrel in quality , but they won't be a mix of manufacturers or bullet types.

You got someone's stash of 22, how it was available for resale is the question.
Sounds like but how did they reseal the bucket and Academy doesn't take returns on ammo.
Very odd.

Sounds like but how did they reseal the bucket and Academy doesn't take returns on ammo.
Very odd.

If it was shrink wrapped, there are shrink wrap setups available. If it was such that you had to destroy the bucket to open it, who knows?

I am home and looking at the ammo now. No marks on the cases as if fired before and not reloads, but it is a mix of CCI, Super Max and Remington .22lr bullets. Very odd and don’t know how it’s possible unless someone swapped ammo and took it back for a return and put back on the floor for sale. I never knew ammo could be returned especially 1400 rounds in a bucket!! Still good ammo for plinking to me especially right now with it hard to get.
I have a few of these unopened at the house. Makes me want to crack them open and see what's in there. Something smells fishy though.

If it was shrink wrapped, there are shrink wrap setups available. If it was such that you had to destroy the bucket to open it, who knows?
I assume it has that plastic removable ring around the edge you have to tear off to open? No idea. Never had a bucket o bullets.

Yes. So same issue, 3 different manufacturers. What percentage of cartridges are NOT Rem golden bullets would you guess?

When I am TOTALLY BORED with nothing else to do after a 70 hour wirk week, I think I will sit down and separate each make and bag groups of 50 and put a label on them so I know what I have. I still think someone could have had some fun shooting regardless and @ only 7.9/round furing this ammo problem in the retail market!

How are they sealed?
I'm not even sure. Been in the back of my closet for years under a pile of other ammo and I haven't even laid eye's on them. I'll take a picture tonight and put it up. Just seems odd to have 3 different types of ammo in the same bucket. Looking at the stock picture it looks like the top can just be popped off.
bucket_o_bullet.jpg

I assume it has that plastic removable ring around the edge you have to tear off to open? No idea. Never had a bucket o bullets.

it wasn’t shrink wrapped and I don’t recall a tear off plastic ring but never paid much attention. I know I couldn’t open it by hand so never really opened it. The few times I was moving ammo around, I never had a screw driver to pry it open nor had any reason to since I wasn’t going to load any. My bad I guess but I will just make the best of the situation because I don't have the time to inspect every bullet every time I buy some. Since I don’t practice dishonest actions, I guess I hope no one else does either so I seldom have a suspicion I am being deceived. This world is a mess when someone ruins their integrity by deceiving someone over something as trivial as .22 bullets. Guess I an getting old with hopes of better days in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom