Reaction score
Item Name: FT Question about Remington bucket of .22lr bullets

Zip Code: 30014

Item is for: Trade Only
Trade Value or Items Looking For: 1

Caliber: .22

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: I bought a new Bucket of Bullets a few years ago when .22lr was hard to find. I never opened it and stored it in a vault because I don’t shoot any more. Sold it today knowing ammo is hard to find and to help someone out “I thought”! Later After we parted ways, I was told it is a bucket of reloads!! Has anyone else found reloads in one of these Remington Bucket of Bullets? Never heard of "reloaded" .22lr but I am no expert. Do they sell them that way? Just seems a little odd for someone to find that in an unopened bucket. Of course now I am taking it back and returning their money to make it right but this is strange and I don’t like any accusations that I ripped somebody off!!! If this is the wrong place to post I apologize but I just need to figure out what happened. Any comments from someone that has bought these before are welcome

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
The different colors are just poor plating,IMO. That combined wither loose in a big bucke where they rub together. .

it is not the casings that are different colors, it is some “bullets” in the casing are lead and some are copper. Still shouldn’t be a mixed batch though.

it is not the casings that are different colors, it is some “bullets” in the casing are lead and some are copper. Still shouldn’t be a mixed batch though.
That's not nearly as odd as having CCI and Aguila rounds in a Remington package. Shenanigans. Not saying it was buyer but obviously someone, somewhere monkeyed with it.

And it was the bullets I meant. I've seen crappy "what they call copper plating" where it's almost non existent - just a copper (or brass) wash. Some of the 'golden' bullets are like that.....that stuff can rub off..

Would Aguila bullets have that name stamped on the bottom of the casings?
All the ones I have are stamped with the letter "A" but I only have the Aguilas with coated lead, no copper wash.. The ammo I'm talking about are the Remington loose-packed in boxes or buckets. Most of it I've had are dirty, IMO...

Item Name: FT Question about Remington bucket of .22lr bullets

Zip Code: 30014

Item is for: Trade Only
Trade Value or Items Looking For: 1

Caliber: .22

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: I bought a new Bucket of Bullets a few years ago when .22lr was hard to find. I never opened it and stored it in a vault because I don’t shoot any more. Sold it today knowing ammo is hard to find and to help someone out “I thought”! Later After we parted ways, I was told it is a bucket of reloads!! Has anyone else found reloads in one of these Remington Bucket of Bullets? Do they sell them that way? Just seems a little odd for someone to find that in an unopened bucket. Of course now I am taking it back and returning their money to make it right but this is strange and I don’t like any accusations that I tipped somebody off!!! If this is the wrong place to post I apologize but I just need to figure out what happened. Any comments from someone that has bought these before are welcome
Did you buy them at a retail store, or at a pawn shop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom