Reaction score
Item Name: FT Question about Remington bucket of .22lr bullets

Zip Code: 30014

Item is for: Trade Only
Trade Value or Items Looking For: 1

Caliber: .22

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: I bought a new Bucket of Bullets a few years ago when .22lr was hard to find. I never opened it and stored it in a vault because I don’t shoot any more. Sold it today knowing ammo is hard to find and to help someone out “I thought”! Later After we parted ways, I was told it is a bucket of reloads!! Has anyone else found reloads in one of these Remington Bucket of Bullets? Never heard of "reloaded" .22lr but I am no expert. Do they sell them that way? Just seems a little odd for someone to find that in an unopened bucket. Of course now I am taking it back and returning their money to make it right but this is strange and I don’t like any accusations that I ripped somebody off!!! If this is the wrong place to post I apologize but I just need to figure out what happened. Any comments from someone that has bought these before are welcome

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
I am home and looking at the ammo now. No marks on the cases as if fired before and not reloads, but it is a mix of CCI, Super Max and Remington .22lr bullets. Very odd and don’t know how it’s possible unless someone swapped ammo and took it back for a return and put back on the floor for sale. I never knew ammo could be returned especially 1400 rounds in a bucket!! Still good ammo for plinking to me especially right now with it hard to get.
I think he is trying to screw you. Probably his poorly stored ammo he wanted to replace with fresh stuff. Trust no one.

Check the head stamps and make sure they are Remington. Something is obviously not right. But they aren't "reloads" either way.

They do not have the greatest reputation for 22 ammo. But they are not reloads. I have gotten an empty case before and even seen a few loose ones. But never gotten different colors. Something is not right and it is the buyer.

Like everyone else said, not reloads. If he found 2 empty cases, it just saved him the time having to eject them after they went click. I have several buckets and sometimes you can fire them 2 twice and not get an ignition. Nature of bulk 22lr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom