• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Question on Open carrying

Summary of Georgia Gun Laws
Georgia is a shall-issue state with concealed weapons licenses issued at the county level and filed with the probate court in the county of residence.

There is no license, background check or firearms registration required when buying a handgun from a private individual.

Open carry is legal in Georgia only with a Georgia Weapons Carry License (WCL) or a concealed carry permit from a state Georgia honors. Some areas are off-limits, including schools and courthouses.

Concealed carry is legal for residents of Georgia with a WCL and non-residents with a license/permit issued by a state that Georgia honors. There is no firearms training required to obtain a Georgia WCL. You must be at least 21 years old (18 for members of the military) to get a concealed carry license in Georgia. No license is needed to carry a handgun in a person’s home, vehicle, place of business, while fishing or hunting, or unloaded in a case. The city of Kennesaw has a law enacted in 1982 requiring every head of household within city limits to maintain a firearm. In terms of reciprocity, Georgia reciprocates in recognizing firearms licenses with states that recognize Georgia licenses. Typically a license holder is allowed a 90-day window just before expiration or a 30-day period immediately following expiration to renew without penalty. But all such time limits are now frozen by virtue of a statewide emergency order that went into effect amid the current COVID-19 pandemic. Holders of licenses that expire during the state of emergency period must apply for a renewal license within 120 days of the expiration date on the face of the license.

From USCCA Site.
https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/resources/ccw_reciprocity_map/ga-gun-laws/

Good morning guys,so I moved out here from ca(thank god) and brought my glock 21 sf with me, now that I have my ga id, I’m wondering how many people open carry their firearms? Is it better for me to get a conceal carry permit? I don’t want random people calling the cops on me when they see me walking around a store or something with my weapon on my hip. Just a little paranoid coming from cali where I had the police called on me for literally walking down the street with my glock box. And as far as picking up another firearm, I only need my id and a bill correct? Do I have to wait 4 days like in cali?
Open Carry? How big a boy is u? Cause where I live if they think they can take it from u they will! So I Conceal carry because I’m scared don’t want no want to take mine from me!

20210615_190148.jpg

Back
Top Bottom