• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Question on Open carrying

90% eh? I know another group of folks that love to make up statistics to get their points across.
A southern tradition is whats the difference between a yankee and a damn yankee. A yankee drives through on the way to Florida and a damn yankee stops for gas and then decides to buy a house.

The op might indeed share 2a values and they is great. Southern values are dissapearing quickly. Holding the door open for someone especially if it means they get a table 1 minute before you. Giving a seat to anyone older than you, yes mayum, yes sir, letting someone into your lane of traffic just because, as well as shooting guns and drinking moonshine.

If you don't get some members reservations, you aint a southern.

To open carry in Georgia, you need to have a Georgia Weapons License (GWL). Open carry is some what popular in Georgia and is your choice. I would recommend getting a good holster with some type of retention. Go ahead and apply for a GWL at the probate court of the county you live in and get that process started, as some counties are months behind. I recommend going to the probate courts website as some of them have you fill out paperwork online and set appointments. Ga Carry is a good resource for carrying questions, however it is best for you to look at the law yourself.

Ga Laws
http://www.lexisnexis.com/hottopics/gacode

look up these laws:

16-3-21 (Use of force in defense of self or others)
16-3-23 (Use of Force in Defense of Habitation)
16-3-23.1 (no duty to retreat)
16-11-126 (where, when, and how to carry)
16-11-127 (Carrying weapons in unauthorized locations)
16-11-127.1 (Carrying weapons within school safety zones, at school functions, or on a bus or other transportation furnished by a school)

Reciprocity Map:
https://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_reciprocity_maps.html
Click on Georgia to see what states honor our permits.
thank you appreciate this

To the OP:

(1) As others have said, you need a Georgia Weapons License (GWL) to carry concealed or open, except long guns in most cases.

(2) Most people don't carry open, but if you're observant you'll see it now and then. Others around you will not see it.

(3) I rarely carry open. I like that it's legal for those times when I want to take off my jacket and walk around to the driver's side of the truck, or go pick up the morning paper from the driveway, or something, without a hassle. In some states, even minor printing might be considered illegal, but not here.

(4) Get a GWL because it's super convenient if you want to buy or sell a firearm. It also gives you some protection in case you accidentally carry when or where an unlicensed person should not.

As someone said, we like to nit pick so for all of you calling it a Georgia Weapons License, take it out of your pocket and look again. As I said in post number 2 it is a Georgia Weapons Carry License. Abbreviated GA-WCL. Details people, details.
GWCL.jpg

A southern tradition is whats the difference between a yankee and a damn yankee. A yankee drives through on the way to Florida and a damn yankee stops for gas and then decides to buy a house.

The op might indeed share 2a values and they is great. Southern values are dissapearing quickly. Holding the door open for someone especially if it means they get a table 1 minute before you. Giving a seat to anyone older than you, yes mayum, yes sir, letting someone into your lane of traffic just because, as well as shooting guns and drinking moonshine.

If you don't get some members reservations, you aint a southern.

All those values you speak of exist in the country ass areas of NY too. Same people, different location. You should travel more.

Back
Top Bottom