• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Question on Open carrying

To be fair, what is there to like?
There are some quite good looking ones out there. However, they lose some attractiveness when you find out they are liberal. Many of the anchors on FOX are exactly that and even more so when you find out they are conservative.

Rosewood

Don't open carry until you get your GA weapons license.

You can open carry while hunting, fishing or target shooting without a GWL. In fact, if you do not have a GLW you are required to open carry while hunting or fishing.

You also can open carry in YOUR automobile or as a passenger in an automobile if you are eligible for a GWL, and in you home or place of business, all without a GWL.

Historical note, not that long ago a loaded handgun in an automobile had to be openly carried on the front seat, or secured in the glove box, or out of reach of the driver.

You can open carry while hunting, fishing or target shooting without a GWL. In fact, if you do not have a GLW you are required to open carry while hunting or fishing.

You also can open carry in YOUR automobile or as a passenger in an automobile if you are eligible for a GWL, and in you home or place of business, all without a GWL.

Historical note, not that long ago a loaded handgun in an automobile had to be openly carried on the front seat, or secured in the glove box, or out of reach of the driver.
I know all that. I was specifically responding to the OP, who thought he could just move here from CA, and open carry his Glock 21 in public. He didn't ask about his car, or hunting, or carrying a long gun. That's the question I was addressing, in which the answer was no, not without a GWL.

Back
Top Bottom