• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Question for those who might be into comic books

(M)

Default rank <3500 posts
100% Chuck Norris approved
104   0
Reaction score
It's a long shot but I've recently come across a collection that I've had since childhood and am wondering if anyone knows of a comic shop outside of Atlanta, hopefully in the Carrollton/Lagrange/Newnan area, that might do value estimating/purchasing. When I was a kid in the late 70's/80's comic stores were everywhere. I can't remember the last time I saw one. The extra cash would do wonders for Christmas shopping. Thanks

You'll take a hit selling them all as one lump to a retailer or store. they'll want to turn their money on them as well. If you have time to sit on them a little and price them out yourself you can put them on ebay. They should be easy enough to ship as well.

Old back issues from that time are virtually worthless unless you find someone who just happens to have the particular issues you have to complete a collection or something. The guy who works for me is 55 and heavily into the comic book scene and has been his entire life. Feel free to PM me some of the stuff you have and an idea of how many you have and I can get his opinion. Comic shops will probably not even make an offer if it's just random generic off the rack titles form that era.

I was a young kid in the 70s and was NOT into comic books but for whatever reason, people gave them to me. I guess they figured, "He's a kid, he must like comics". So I had a small stack of maybe 20 or 30 that for whatever reason I held onto. I stumbled across them not too long ago and started googling. At least one was worth over $100 (some Batman comic I think). You never know....

I was a young kid in the 70s and was NOT into comic books but for whatever reason, people gave them to me. I guess they figured, "He's a kid, he must like comics". So I had a small stack of maybe 20 or 30 that for whatever reason I held onto. I stumbled across them not too long ago and started googling. At least one was worth over $100 (some Batman comic I think). You never know....
Typical dealer position is to offer no more than half book value with them determining condition and that is IF they even want it. Might try posting the lot or splitting it up into lots of say 10 (no mention of the size of the collection) and posting on Ebay

Reactions: (M)
Quest Comic Shop
225 Lovvorn Rd
Carrollton, GA 30117
(770) 832-0172

Cool place. Big selection. Probably do appraisals.

59228525566cc50879b34f331979fbe3.JPG.smartcrop546x546.jpg

When I was a kid, in the 60's comics were a dime and we could read em and trade em back in for new ones and get 4 cents for the trade in. Many were 1st issue Superman, Batman, etc, wish I'd kept em all would be a rich man now.

My brother collected comics when he was younger. He was into all comics, but especially the Marvel comics. I remember him buying them, and then putting them into a cardboard box without even reading them, and sealing them when the box was full, up until the time he went to Vietnam. I guess that was a big era for Marvel, from the 50’s to the late 60’s as a lot of the number one issues were published. When he sold them in the late 70’s he got enough money to put down a good chunk on his first home.

Back
Top Bottom