• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Question for for experienced gunsmith from student.

Anytime I look at guns at a pawnshop, I always ask if they have anything in the back thats broken or doesn't function right. You will be surprised at what you can find. Also look for advertised Gunsmith Specials from online retailers (royal tiger, centerfire, classic firearms, old western scrounger etc). Thats a great way to find milsurp guns that need work for cheap.

Anytime I look at guns at a pawnshop, I always ask if they have anything in the back thats broken or doesn't function right. You will be surprised at what you can find. Also look for advertised Gunsmith Specials from online retailers (royal tiger, centerfire, classic firearms, old western scrounger etc). Thats a great way to find milsurp guns that need work for cheap.
Awesome thanks, I'm gonna start looking today.

I bet folks here have beat up/broken guns they would be willing for you to look at too…..if you are close enough to do deals. Idk where you are, most members here are Georgia folks or surrounding areas.
Maybe you can work a deal that they provide the gun and parts , you supply the labor and if possible work a little profit in to split ?? (Just tossing out ideas)

I bet folks here have beat up/broken guns they would be willing for you to look at too…..if you are close enough to do deals. Idk where you are, most members here are Georgia folks or surrounding areas.
Maybe you can work a deal that they provide the gun and parts , you supply the labor and if possible work a little profit in to split ?? (Just tossing out ideas)
I really like that idea, in all honesty if they covered the cost of part/materials I would do the work for just the learning experience of doing it.

I really like that idea, in all honesty if they covered the cost of part/materials I would do the work for just the learning experience of doing it.
I have a couple that need refinished. I have a couple of small things that need done. I need an ambi safety done on one & could use a mag/trigger block removed from same, maybe a trigger smoothing/polish job.
I have S&W revolvers, a couple of semi-autos,

Do you get to Atl area or is it to where we have to ship back n forth ? It would sux to have to come out of pocket $20+- to ship one each time, ea way too! Idk- i rarely if ever ship guns but am willing to if it is nec.

I have a couple that need refinished. I have a couple of small things that need done. I need an ambi safety done on one & could use a mag/trigger block removed from same, maybe a trigger smoothing/polish job.
I have S&W revolvers, a couple of semi-autos,

Do you get to Atl area or is it to where we have to ship back n forth ? It would sux to have to come out of pocket $20+- to ship one each time, ea way too! Idk- i rarely if ever ship guns but am willing to if it is nec.
I live only 45 minutes from ATL, Covington area, so I could easily meet you somewhere. I'm definitely interested, feel free to message me.

I live only 45 minutes from ATL, Covington area, so I could easily meet you somewhere. I'm definitely interested, feel free to message me.
Sounds good , it may be a week or two. I got a couple other things working. When i get that almost settled i will look for some parts, give you a p.m. :)

Back
Top Bottom