• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

question for anyone who has completed an 80% "gun'

No, you can't unless you are willing to 1. Break Federal law, and 2. Find someone stupid enough to break Federal law by selling it to you.

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

Wrong.

Pre-1899 or buy a black powder spaghetti slinger and a conversion cylinder.

You're right. I wasn't thinking of antique revolvers although you don't see many people toting Colt SAA's out to the range these days.

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

You must not see me at the range. I regularly shoot original 1860 Army's, 1858 Remington's and 1851 Navy's

Takes about 90 minutes start to cnc with my GhostGunner. Assembly about for an upper and lower about an hour.

Engraving was an hour.

Criminals just buy them illegally or have someone else do a straw purchase with a background check.

Not a fan of sidearm builds...

I have an 1858 Remington replica in .44 with a 45ACP cylinder, a 45 LC cylinder and a 22 LR cylinder with a removable 22 cal barrel liner. I also have the same in .36 with a 38 special cylinder. All 3 conversions work.

[QUOTE="

Assembly of the actual gun, glock is the fastest at 10 minutes and the AK is the slowest at about an hour. So yes, it can be done in minutes.[/QUOTE]

I think assembling a factory Glock would be a piece of cake compared to putting together a Polymer80 from scratch. I watched the guy from the Glock store and he effortlessly put in pins in a Glock. With a Polymer 80 you literally "drive" in the pins, and if your holes are a tenth of a millimeter you are fighting metal and polymer. I am hoping after a thousand rounds or so my Polymer 80 will loosen up a bit so I to will be able to assemble/ disassemble it in 10 minutes also

Sent from my GTKing PRO using Tapatalk

The 1911 is the same way. Takes some tuning.

Most of the people that have issues with the 80% glocks are because they are using aftermarket parts. In my experience they work best with OEM parts.
I thought factory Glocks were only 80% because most of the ones on here are loaded with aftermarket parts.
Am I wrong?

Back
Top Bottom