• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Question about Gun Broker & using Silencer Shop for paperwork...

Molon Labe

Wolf Icon Supporter
Frontiersman
28   0
Reaction score
In the past I've bought my cans online from SS. Used them for the Form 4 & picked up from LGS dealer.
I am trying to buy some more but everything I want is forever & a day OOS.
I found some listed by an out-of-state dealer on Gun Broker (cheaper than SS too).

My question is: can I buy from GB & use the kiosk to just do paperwork and pay the stamp?

Yes if the dealer you want to hold the suppressor during the wait is a silencer shop dealer then they can add the can to their inventory when the form 3 comes in and have silencer shop do the paperwork. There is a charge for this service, don't remember off the top of my head what silencer shop charges to do this for. But yeah

Yes if the dealer you want to hold the suppressor during the wait is a silencer shop dealer then they can add the can to their inventory when the form 3 comes in and have silencer shop do the paperwork. There is a charge for this service, don't remember off the top of my head what silencer shop charges to do this for. But yeah
Pretty sure this is correct as well. You might not like those NFA transfer fees. My local FFL charges $100 for a NFA item

Yeah, I hear ya!
I guess it's like the ammo these days... If they have it & you don't... gonna pay extra :(
A lot of local businesses are losing money due to the internet. First time gun buyers buying cheap ARs and Glocks from places like PSA when they could have purchased the same weapon from a local business. The businesses still need to pay the bills and gotta make up where they can. I understand your situation though, when making a NFA purchase you want exactly what you want.

A lot of local businesses are losing money due to the internet. First time gun buyers buying cheap ARs and Glocks from places like PSA when they could have purchased the same weapon from a local business. The businesses still need to pay the bills and gotta make up where they can. I understand your situation though, when making a NFA purchase you want exactly what you want.

I can attest to the truth in that, as I use to own & operate a gun based storefront pawn shop.
I always try to buy local first and I don't mind paying a little more to accelerate getting something I want quicker.
Here lately it has been hard to find anything.

Back
Top Bottom