• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Question about FSBs and rear sights

But it will all witness the same?

I'll end up having both, I might just keep the F marked
I'm not sure what you mean by "witness the same"?

A "F" marked front sight base is 0.04 inches taller than a standard front sight base

FshelfColt.jpg

A taller front sight post (Bushmaster used to make them, don't know it they still do) is exactly 0.04 inches taller to compensate for the shorter standard FSB. You should have no issues zeroing or co-witnessing an optic with a "F" or standard with taller front sight post FSB with a MaTech rear.

Really? I'm swapping out a barrel and the new one comes with a non marked FSB. Do you think theres a chance its the same?

But it will all witness the same?

I'll end up having both, I might just keep the F marked

Measure it to confirm. The difference is very small.

www.cobratactical.com_assets_images_stag_F_Marked_vs_Std_Front_Sight.gif

A "F" marked front sight base is 0.04 inches taller than a standard front sight base

FshelfColt.jpg

A taller front sight post (Bushmaster used to make them, don't know it they still do) is exactly 0.04 inches taller to compensate for the shorter standard FSB. You should have no issues zeroing or co-witnessing an optic with a "F" or standard with taller front sight post FSB with a MaTech rear.

KNS did sell an assortment pack of varying height and diameter posts, not sure if they still do.

FshelfColt.jpg

I mean like co-witnessing or lower 1/3 with the MaTech and either the EoTech or ACOG I'll put on.

Thats I did see this picture when I searched the sight. I'll just keep the F especially if it seems it to be a little rarer.

Back
Top Bottom