• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Question about concealed carry at a business dinner

Klif

Air Force Icon Supporter
ODT Junkie!
31   0
Reaction score
On Friday night I had to attend a business dinner in Vinings. I spend most of my life in jeans and a polo shirt so carrying my pistol IWB and covered by the shirt is no problem. This one I had to wear tucked dress shirt so I carried a light jacket with my weapon in one pocket and spare magazines in the other pocket. That was a pain as it made the jacket heavy and I could not have gotten to the piece quickly with a zipped pocket but it was OK.

So in a couple of weeks I have to attend another businesses dinner down on Ponce and again dress shirt and tie and will be wearing a sports coat. I can't pull off a shoulder holster in that get up in case I have to take the jacket off. I don't want to open carry as the big boss will be attending and while he's never made his stand clear he does ban them in the work place (I work from home and he has no sway over that). So, I can get an ankle holster but not sure how well they stay up with a gun in them. I'll be carrying a Glock 30S .45ACP with a 10 round magazine so it's not all that light. I'll have spare magazines in my back pocket. Is that the only alternative?

How do you handle carrying in similar situations?

This is what I have but it doesn't make me look like that

IMG_1006.JPG

I'd have to shuck my dress shirt and tie to get to the undershirt so that won't work. This happens so seldom (about once or twice a year) that I don't want to to spend a lot. I may just put a short barrel .38 revolver in my front pocket and everyone can think I'm happy to see them.

A belly band holster, available from Amazon is one solution. You can wear under your shirt and tuck over it. Since the incident in Texas I carry at Church and this is what I use if I am going to need to lose the jacket. Works better with mid sized pistols and down but I have carried the Glock 21 in it unnoticed.

Back
Top Bottom