• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Question about accepting remote payements.

big thing is feedback. I had a new 0 feedback member from out of state get real mad at me when I went with a local deal instead of shipping it to him. If he had had even a few feedback, probably would have dealt with him.

That seems like an easy option. Do you have to provide your address, or is it just "I want to send this money to (person)" and only that person can pick it up?

Not sure what the question is.

You stick the MO in an envelop and mail it to the seller.

The MO has the sellers and buyers name on it, so you know who the parties are. The purchaser of the money order fills in the info. The PO doesn't care who anybodies name is.

The buyer determines how much protection/tracking they want on the MO. I usually just use ordinary envelop and first class postage.

I prefer USPS MO. Don't do electronic transfers. If you insist on that, I'm not a potential buyer.

Every restriction you put on payment is going to eliminate some potential buyers. You have to decide how badly you want to sell it.

Like a BOS on guns, lots of potential buyers just pass on by. New ad by new member wants BOS with a notarized signature. GLWS

If you are dealing with a person with good positive feedback, I have no problem sticking cash in a birthday card, or taking it the same way. Just my 2 cents. Electronic payments are not safe, no matter what the platform or outlet. I've never had a cash envelope deal go sideways.

Postal money order. If it doesn’t make it you can get your money back. They can trace them.

Back
Top Bottom