• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Question about accepting remote payements.

Shotgun Surgery

Default rank <4000 posts
ODT Junkie!
60   0
Reaction score
I have some small, lower priced things I've been looking to sell. If someone happens to be pretty close and willing to drive to get it then that's great, but I'm imagining that some of it is just not worth the time to drive and pick it up. With flat-rate boxes, shipping items is a breeze. However, I'm not too familiar with how to accept remote payments.

What are my best options for accepting remote payments? What is typically used for that purpose here on ODT? Paypal? Bitcoin? Is there anything I should know about accepting payments and shipping goods here on ODT?

I use paypal, but most pro 2A supporters wont use Paypal because they are anti-gun. Ask you buyer what they are comfortable with. I've used Venmo a time or two, but dont generally prefer Venmo.

PayPal or mail me a check some banks do that free no postage even required they cover it in ther bill pay
So if someone was willing to send me a check in the mail, it would be normal to delay shipment of the items until the check arrives and clears, right? Someone isn't going to leave me nasty negative reviews for the delay between when they send the check and when they receive the item?

check cash money order when it clears mail them the pkg.Always have pics and stay in contact with them throughout the process
So if someone was willing to send me a check in the mail, it would be normal to delay shipment of the items until the check arrives and clears, right? Someone isn't going to leave me nasty negative reviews for the delay between when they send the check and when they receive the item?
has worked for me over the years.Aint like its days and days.They got good feedback I usually mail anyway

amazing how that small stuff sails if you use the mail or UPS.

98% of the stuff i have bought off of the ODT has been with a check, I send all my info to the seller, Name,address,phone #, email address and will tell them they can ship when the ck clears,, Most times they ship when they receive the ck,, lots of Feedback helps. I perfer sending a check so if i get crapped on i can tell where they cash or deposit it. Hasn't happen yet.Also will do PP Friends & Family, works good.

I have some small, lower priced things I've been looking to sell. If someone happens to be pretty close and willing to drive to get it then that's great, but I'm imagining that some of it is just not worth the time to drive and pick it up. With flat-rate boxes, shipping items is a breeze. However, I'm not too familiar with how to accept remote payments.

What are my best options for accepting remote payments? What is typically used for that purpose here on ODT? Paypal? Bitcoin? Is there anything I should know about accepting payments and shipping goods here on ODT?

i usually ask the customer to mail me a USPO money order. Or get some kind of paypal ...like said before, a bunch of folks quit paypal. I did.
I would package the item, when money order came in, got to post office, they will cash their money orders. Mail package.
It is perfectly acceptable to hold item until you get payment .

Back
Top Bottom