• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Purchasing my first AR-15

Kimchi

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
53   0
Reaction score
I am purchasing my first AR-15, When purchasing AR do I need a different permit other then CCW? I was told as the types and the longer the rifle is I would need to get a different permit to purchase them. is that correct? Please shine the light on me! :victorious:

I am purchasing my first AR-15, When purchasing AR do I need a different permit other then CCW? I was told as the types and the longer the rifle is I would need to get a different permit to purchase them. is that correct? Please shine the light on me! :victorious:

You don’t need any permit at all, just pass the background check and pay the fee. However if you do already have a Georgia CCW then you bypass that step, save the fee and fill out the paper work and hit the road.

Whoever is giving you your firearms information...disown them. No offense, but that's the most asinine **** I've read on the internet in quite a while. You are a citizen with rights. You don't need to be "permitted" to own the most commonly owned firearm in the country. Go to a store (or here), exchange cash for a firearm and enjoy your 2A rights.

Under some conditions, you might need a "permit" (really, a federal tax and registration form) to buy an AR that is configured as a short-barreled rifle (SBR) or that is a pistol version with a shoulder stock (also an SBR) or a pistol version of the AR that has a vertical fore-grip (AOW). When it comes to NFA stuff, you have to have your paperwork approved by the gubbamint before you buy, or assemble, the thing in question.

Also, if your AR has a grenade launcher on it (and Tony Montana would be so proud of you...)

Tony-Montana-384291.jpg

That would be an NFA-restricted weapon, too.

Under some conditions, you might need a "permit" (really, a federal tax and registration form) to buy an AR that is configured as a short-barreled rifle (SBR) or that is a pistol version with a shoulder stock (also an SBR) or a pistol version of the AR that has a vertical fore-grip (AOW). When it comes to NFA stuff, you have to have your paperwork approved by the gubbamint before you buy, or assemble, the thing in question.
Im just buying a Ar-15 M&P sport 2 lol. No grenade launcher :)

Back
Top Bottom