• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pulled Bullets

I have pulled over 2k so far. Most are 124 grain coated bullets. I will use for my shooting activities without a problem.
I have so much that I will probably not ever have to buy another bullet.

Why would you need to pull bullets? Old cartridges? Serious question, thanks.
if you are asking why would you pull bullets it's usually 3 situations:

1) you purchase unknown reloads from a source that you don't trust (pretty much any reload you weren't here to watch being put together) but you want the components (bullets and brass).

2) you purchase reloads where you don't have any idea what the history or components are.

3) you reloaded some test loads you thought would work but for whatever reason they didn't. Too hot, too light, wrong powder, mis fires, squib loads, etc.

There might be others but those are the situations where I've bought "components" from someone or in some cases sold "components" to others, or had issues where i needed to break down ammo.

I typically use an impact puller to remove the bullet, dump the powder in the yard (it's good fertilizer), then press out the primer. Then tumble the brass in SS pins, weight and sort the bullets and bag them and start fresh with a load that works for me. New primer, known powder load, bullet and go shooting!

I wouldn't say I buy a lot of non factory ammo, but if you shoot some odd calibers, it's a cheap(er) way to get brass and maybe some bullets. I've bought 348, 32ws, 35 rem, 22 hornet and some others.

Back
Top Bottom