Puerto Rico expands gun rights

GAgunLAWbooklet

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
63   0
Reaction score
66B91FC5-2914-4A99-A592-E89C86446EF0.jpeg

Puerto Rico changed its gun law in December of 2019 to make carry permits
"shall issue" to all eligible applicants, rather than discretionary "may issue."

The fee has been standardized, whereas the old law allowed every
local jurisdiction to charge as much as they want, or not issue licenses at all.

And, according to the article in the NRA's official magazine,
Puerto Rico's new law allows for non-residents with a carry permit
from their home state to carry in Puerto Rico.
(That's not the same as "reciprocity" because apparently it doesn't matter
whether this other state that you're from will recognize and give effect
to a Puerto Rican handgun carry license.) Visitors to P.R. can carry their on their existing license from any U.S. state.

Ever been to Puerto Rico? You need to carry in Puerto Rico.
Yeah my first father in law moved back to Puerto Rico about 20 years ago from Queens. He wants my older daughter to come visit him. But I told her they barely even have electricity over there from 2 or 3 previous hurricanes. I can't imagine the crime rate and what passes for law enforcement. Sorry Ernesto. Not happening.

While I was there, at night the police rode the street’s with their lights flashing, I made a joke about them doing that so if you saw them coming you’d could stop doing what you were doing?.. the locals said that’s exactly why they rode with the lights flashing

Yeah my first father in law moved back to Puerto Rico about 20 years ago from Queens. He wants my older daughter to come visit him. But I told her they barely even have electricity over there from 2 or 3 previous hurricanes. I can't imagine the crime rate and what passes for law enforcement. Sorry Ernesto. Not happening.

Guard/watch towers are common in parking lots.
zx38lhglmnf01.jpg

Back
Top Bottom