• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Publix, Kroger, and Aldi are price gouging toilet paper

The State of Georgia’s Price Gouging Statutes were activated upon Governor Brian Kemp’s signing the State of Emergency declaration on March 14, 2020.

https://law.georgia.gov/press-relea...cy-coronavirus-outbreak-invokes-price-gouging

“Those who commit price gouging during this pandemic are not only being exploitive, they are interfering with consumers’ ability to obtain products that could help protect them from becoming ill or spreading the virus,” said Attorney General Chris Carr, “Our office will not tolerate this and will hold them accountable.”

While the State of Emergency remains in effect, businesses may not charge more for products and services identified by the Governor than they charged before the declaration of the state of emergency, unless the increased prices accurately reflect an increase in the cost of new stock or the cost to transport it, plus the retailer's average markup percentage applied during the ten days immediately prior to the declaration of the state of emergency. Under the Price Gouging Statutes, the Department of Law’s Consumer Protection Division receives and evaluates reports related to a rise in the costs of goods and services after the declaration is made.

Violators of the Price Gouging Statutes may be fined up to $5,000 per violation. To report violations, consumers should call 404-651-8600 or 1-800-869-1123 (outside metro Atlanta) or complete the online complaint form on the Consumer Protection Division’s website (consumer.ga.gov).
What products and/or services did goobernor Kempaloompus identify as non-gougable? 9mm ammunition? Glocks? Is OkumaSteve going to jail?

If there are three involved in this scheme, then it's collusion pure & simple.

Let me make a few calls - we'll stop this TP price gougin' group right now!! Guess they think "BIG GROCERY" is too big to be stopped, but we'll show em. It's for....the children after all.

theodore-roosevelt-nicknamed-trust-buster_66cb85d3dcebf5f9.jpg

Pre-pandemic my favorite brand of 3 ply softness was $5.95 for a 12 pack of double rolls now the price is $9.95. What the hell is going on? It ain't right to price gouge on the most basic of necessities, my roids need that 3 ply softness. I look forward to a nice relaxing dump after work and now the price is almost double for that simple pleasure. Taking away one more of my rights. Damn!
#roidlivesmatter

We need to form a group of volunteers that can share information on where to buy toilet paper for pre-covid prices. One volunteer in every grocery store with high prices can intercept customers about to buy over priced gouging toilet paper and warn them they are being ass raped. They could then direct the customers to stores where prices haven't been raised. This might shame the big chains into lowering their prices from gouging to non-gouging levels.
Cause dat's free market!

Back
Top Bottom