• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Public Hearing in Blairsville for a Public Clay Range

jmullinix

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
8   0
Reaction score
Hi ODTer's. A friend of mine call this afternoon. He has been working for right at 6 years to get a public clays range built between Blairsville and Blue Ridge. The original plan was for a 4-H range but it grew. The Union County 4-H is a Clay shooting club that placed 2nd in the state last year.

The land has been bought; the first design is done and there will be a public hearing at the Union County Courthouse on Friday evening, February 26, 2016 with Georgia DNR. There is federal funding for this range.

I have attached the notice. If you have any questions PM me and I will attempt to get them answered.
FullSizeRender.jpg

Hope this comes to pass. 4-H has a great shooting sports program that covers archery, bb gun, air rifle, air pistol, .22 rimfire and shotgun. I became a coach last fall for the Dawson County 4-H rifle team and have really enjoyed helping teach these kids gun safety and improving their shooting skills.

Construction is suppose to begin later this spring, after the rain stops. :) They hope to have it up and running late in the fall or January of 2017. The 4-H shooting team starts in earnest in February each year.

Back
Top Bottom