• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

PSA Romanian Kit builds....

Jack506

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
34   0
Reaction score
Just saw these on PalmettoStateArmory, looks pretty cool. I'm curious what some of the experienced AK guys think about it?

BLEM PSAK-47 GF3-R ROMANIAN KIT BUILD WITH DONG blem-psak-47-gf3-r-romanian-kit-build-with-dong.html

1642872298320.png

AR15 guys can can save there breath on explaining how ar15>ak47:blah: lol.........just kidding:boink:......everyone is welcome to chime in love y'all :banplease:!

The problem as I recall with the PSA rifles was premature wear of the trunnions. As with a lot of US AK makers the trunnion seems to be the real struggle. So maybe it’s a good option I am disappointed they opted to not use the CHF barrels they where getting from FN though. Lastly you can still pick up wasrs for 800 and the new Zastava premiums for around 930

These are assembled by PSA using imported Romanian kits.. so these have Romanian trunnions.

The only USA made parts on this PSA rifle are the barrel and receiver (and maybe muzzle device and FCG for 922r compliance).

Now with that ^ out of the way, paying almost $900 for this PSA rifle (with sales tax, shipping and local FFL transfer fee’s) is not really special because lately I’ve seen a few Romanian factory imported WASRs and Paratroopers listed Here on ODT at similar prices.
Yeah if you can find a wasp cheaper then by all means go with it, that being said CAI hasn't always been known for quality either lol

The problem as I recall with the PSA rifles was premature wear of the trunnions. As with a lot of US AK makers the trunnion seems to be the real struggle. So maybe it’s a good option I am disappointed they opted to not use the CHF barrels they where getting from FN though. Lastly you can still pick up wasrs for 800 and the new Zastava premiums for around 930
They didn’t have premature wear, they just had tight headspace, right side of trunnion worn in to a point and stopped just like a lot of foreign akm’s, look at all the bolt tails of wasrs, zastava ect wear from tapco g3 triggers, new zastavas are doing they same thing, zastava warr rep says don’t worry about it, it’s normal psa aks are better than most

They didn’t have premature wear, they just had tight headspace, right side of trunnion worn in to a point and stopped just like a lot of foreign akm’s, look at all the bolt tails of wasrs, zastava ect wear from tapco g3 triggers, new zastavas are doing they same thing, zastava warr rep says don’t worry about it, it’s normal psa aks are better than most
None of my imports show that "nOrMaL wEaR" as they call it. Carrier tail deformation is a completely different animal and pretty much a non-issue.

#justasgud

None of my imports show that "nOrMaL wEaR" as they call it. Carrier tail deformation is a completely different animal and pretty much a non-issue.

#justasgud
Your imports are made with loose tolerances that’s why they shoot 3 to 5 moa, American aks are made with tighter tolerances to be more accurate. The wear on the right trunnion is from the bolt mating to the trunnion. Lug, it’s nothing to worry about, look at the video from military arms channel on this subject.

Back
Top Bottom