• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Prostate Cancer

NEW!! If you served in the military off the coast of Vietnam during the war, you are considered in the agent orange exposure group now. If you were on board a ship such as an aircraft carrier and never set foot in Vietnam, your are Blue Water Navy as opposed to Brown Water Navy, such as river boat crews. There are over 51,000 sailors and Marines affected. This is a big deal. Contact the VA and get an appointment for a physical to be placed on the Agent Orange Registry. However, if you have had a physical within one year of your application, advise the VA. It will save you a lot of time when you see a VA physician. It is best if you start with a representative with the Georgia Department of Veteran Affairs who will do all the contact forms you will need to have to begin the process.

IF you are a veteran and served in the military and was possibly exposed to agent orange, you should contact the VA through the Georgia Department of Veteran Services and make a claim to the Veterans Administration for compensation. The GDVF will submit the appropriate forms to the VA on your behalf. Agent orange has been linked to excellerating the effect of prostate cancer. Do it!
A good friend of the family caught it too late, was a marine in Vietnam. Basically whithered away, his wife would wake up every day just to watch him slowly dying.

I have recently been diagnosed with prostate cancer. PSA was 5.07 and Urologist did biopsy on me. Took 12 core samples and 3 came back positive. Gleason score of 6, low grade, non-aggressive. We discussed treatment and the options were: Active surveillance, surgery to remove prostate, external beam radiation, and radioactive seed therapy.

Urologist sent me to a Radiology Oncologist for a consultation. After digital exam and lengthy discussion and explanation, RO recommended 5 weeks of external beam radiation followed by seed therapy treatment. I am 72 years old and in good health otherwise.

Anyone of my ODT friends out there had this combination treatment, or, any other treatment? I would like to hear from you as to your experience, results, side effects, etc.. Any information that you can share with me will be appreciated.
Not that it matters now,but the robot left me 2 1/2"
Shorter, try to pee out of a wrinkle see how that works for you! But I am cancer free! Ye haw.

I had mine removed at 65, then it returned at 71, went through 40 treatments of radiation. If I had to do it over, I would go for some type of radiation first.
My Gleason was right at 7 and had 4 out of 16 show cancer. I am a year past the completion of the radiation and my PSA is now .02. Radiation does effect energy level and if given Lupron You can experience mood swings and hot flashes, something that my wife and daughters have found quite amusing.

That hormone therapy to lower your test is not funny. I have a friend that has an older neighbor. 70 something. All the poor guy does is sit around and cry.

I had mine removed at 65, then it returned at 71, went through 40 treatments of radiation. If I had to do it over, I would go for some type of radiation first.
My Gleason was right at 7 and had 4 out of 16 show cancer. I am a year past the completion of the radiation and my PSA is now .02. Radiation does effect energy level and if given Lupron You can experience mood swings and hot flashes, something that my wife and daughters have found quite amusing.

The radiation and Lupron shots are no joke. I have been sweating and then freezing for two years plus Wee Willie has for all intents and purposes passed away.

Back
Top Bottom