• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Prostate Cancer

pop5

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
4   0
Reaction score
I have recently been diagnosed with prostate cancer. PSA was 5.07 and Urologist did biopsy on me. Took 12 core samples and 3 came back positive. Gleason score of 6, low grade, non-aggressive. We discussed treatment and the options were: Active surveillance, surgery to remove prostate, external beam radiation, and radioactive seed therapy.

Urologist sent me to a Radiology Oncologist for a consultation. After digital exam and lengthy discussion and explanation, RO recommended 5 weeks of external beam radiation followed by seed therapy treatment. I am 72 years old and in good health otherwise.

Anyone of my ODT friends out there had this combination treatment, or, any other treatment? I would like to hear from you as to your experience, results, side effects, etc.. Any information that you can share with me will be appreciated.

Look into CyberKnife. External beam radiation. Five treatments, no incisions, no catheter, keep your prostate. Stand up and go do what you want to do after each treatment. 50/50 chance of impudence. My PSA dropped from 4.2 to 1.8 six weeks after last treatment. CyberKnife in many cases can be used again after the 5th treatment up to one year. Get at least two opinions from doctors that use different methods such as the DaVinci Robot and a doctor that uses the CyberKnife or seed therapy. Then see a doctor that provides only opinions as to what may be best for you. I used a doctor from Emory for that and he recommended CyberKnife above the other choices. My oldest brother who had CyberKnife five years ago now has a PSA level at 0.028. I expect mine to do the same over time. I am 72 years old. Please PM me if you have questions.

I have recently been diagnosed with prostate cancer. PSA was 5.07 and Urologist did biopsy on me. Took 12 core samples and 3 came back positive. Gleason score of 6, low grade, non-aggressive. We discussed treatment and the options were: Active surveillance, surgery to remove prostate, external beam radiation, and radioactive seed therapy.

Urologist sent me to a Radiology Oncologist for a consultation. After digital exam and lengthy discussion and explanation, RO recommended 5 weeks of external beam radiation followed by seed therapy treatment. I am 72 years old and in good health otherwise.

Anyone of my ODT friends out there had this combination treatment, or, any other treatment? I would like to hear from you as to your experience, results, side effects, etc.. Any information that you can share with me will be appreciated.
Had mine removed 8 o. Ago,cancer free now,but would not do it over .I am 63

The technology changes constantly with the cures for this stuff. My mom recently went through breast cancer and started doing her own research after the doctor told her the treatment plan. Tried to talk the doctor out of a few of the chemo treatments. I told my mom to get a few opinions and trust the wisdom of the doctors. I lot of people die every year which is how they more or less know what the treatment should be.

I would get a few opinions and go from there if it were me.

One of my Best buddies in the military has Lost every male member in his family to this type of Cancer. He gets checked every 6 months. I just visited him in Hawaii. I spoke to him this morning he said that as long as you catch it early and treat it aggressively you should be fine. I'm Praying for you and your Family!

My stepdad had those beans and seeds and it burnt him up. He pissed blood for a year and he had to do those hyperbaric chamber treatments for months. He still has to wear a diaper. He told me he knows why babies cry when their diaper is wet. :(

Back
Top Bottom