• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Property easement question...

Just1more

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Retired
220   0
Reaction score
My property has an underground AT&T fiber optics line running across it. There are no markings (I just know from neighbors it’s there) there is a fence around my property open only at the entrance of the easement. What legal right do I have to put up a gate at the opening?

My property has an underground AT&T fiber optics line running across it. There are no markings (I just know from neighbors it’s there) there is a fence around my property open only at the entrance of the easement. What legal right do I have to put up a gate at the opening?

I believe you can do that, as long as they have access. Structures are a big no, but a garden, soccer field or any other use is fine. They need access, no permanent structures and that’s about it.

I believe you can do that, as long as they have access. Structures are a big no, but a garden, soccer field or any other use is fine. They need access, no permanent structures and that’s about it.

you would think the county tax assessor site would show something like an easement but it doesn’t. I just want to have a locked gate. How do I give them access if I’m not sure when they may come ?

you would think the county tax assessor site would show something like an easement but it doesn’t. I just want to have a locked gate. How do I give them access if I’m not sure when they may come ?
They will knock on your door and attempt to contact you. I have an easement in my fenced yard. They will get in touch with you.

had a gas line thru the old property,they had their own gate. and trimmed every 2 years to keep stuff off the fence

had a gas line thru the old property,they had their own gate. and trimmed every 2 years to keep stuff off the fence
They had a cable strung across at one time but it’s been laying on the ground since we’ve been there. I removed a cattle gate from another part of the property and put it up. Just need to put a chain and lock on it now. Probably won’t ever come unless there is an issue with their FO line.

Back
Top Bottom