Proper ODT Etiquette.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brettly1961

Default rank <500 posts
Fortified by Time
20   0
Reaction score
I’m sure there’s a thread on this but it’s a general human behavior type of question.

So, If someone says they’re going to buy something and reiterates your terms. How long does one wait for the buyer to commit to meeting and most of all what do you do when they backout and say never mind when confronted to confirm a transaction?

it happened to me for the first time today. Should I give a bad rating for a transaction that’s not going to happen?

I’m sure there’s a thread on this but it’s a general human behavior type of question.

So, If someone says they’re going to buy something and reiterates your terms. How long does one wait for the buyer to commit to meeting and most of all what do you do when they backout and say never mind when confronted to confirm a transaction?

it happened to me for the first time today. Should I give a bad rating for a transaction that’s not going to happen?
Cant give them a negative if meet was not confirmed in PM. - Time, place and deal must be laid out. Then if they dont show, you can neg

If they agreed to a deal, then I would expect them to agree to meet at that time. If the buyer didn't, they should at least say when they would set it up. Don't say you'll take unless you're ready to complete the deal.

I might wait 12-24 hrs but then I'd move on and I'd let them know why I did.

Only if you have a committed deal as per site rules in PM.
A negative rating becomes an option once these terms have been agreed to by both parties:

• Date/Time of meeting. (Up to a 2 hour range is acceptable)
  • Location of meeting.
The reasons for leaving a negative are limited to the following:

• Cancellation of meet after committing to it.
  • Failure to show up to meet.
  • Failure to send payment or item.
  • Item is misrepresented or damaged and it is discovered after the transaction is complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom