• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Project Chevy

Doesn't this depends on how the insurance settlement was made? If the person who hit them, insurance company just paid for damages there shouldn't be any notes on the title. However, if the father-n-law purchased the car back from the insurance company it should have a salvage title???....just thinking out loud.
Not sure on the insurance company's end of it.

A few things:

- The car will be repaired. I have a few options, but my preference will be the keep it as original as possible.

- Value isn't a consideration. The car has sentimental value to me, and it's the only measure that matters.

- My father in-law purchased it new, and it currently has around 100k on it. The original paint is a good indicator of the condition. The leather interior has ridiculous canvas slip covers that he installed at the dealership before driving away, and they've only been removed for shows. It deserves more life.

A few things:

- The car will be repaired. I have a few options, but my preference will be the keep it as original as possible.

- Value isn't a consideration. The car has sentimental value to me, and it's the only measure that matters.

- My father in-law purchased it new, and it currently has around 100k on it. The original paint is a good indicator of the condition. The leather interior has ridiculous canvas slip covers that he installed at the dealership before driving away, and they've only been removed for shows. It deserves more life.
It has value beyond sentimental. I would think a 1 owner Impala SS in that body style would be worth around $10K give or take in good condition. Reminds me of my mom's old neighbor. He ordered an 87 Grand National from the Macon Buick dealer and waited 6 months to get it. But then he treated it like a daily driver until the engine blew. Then he let it go to a junkyard. Even with a blown engine a Grand National would still bring good money just because of that VIN plate and whet it was/is. That bubble Impala you have there is a similar story. Most of the ones you could find these days would be ragged as hell with butchered dashes from stero **** and the original wheels would be long gone. So to ME its a matter of finding the correct parts and a good body man. Check Car Parts.com and click on the results that say Used Auto Parts Market.

Back
Top Bottom