• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Progressive reloading of rifle calibers

I never cared much if my brass was so shiny as long as I can get it loaded before dark & shoot it all up. Every Day. For many years. Looking back I hate that I wasted so many primers and so much powder. We're gonna have to turn out so many bullets so fast and needing primers all the time.

I think if you got some hand towels and rubbed down some sheep and wrung out the oil.. that'd be the cheapest method.. I got my bottle of "Liquid Gold" from Amazon, it was the cheapest price per Oz. I could find at the time. Lanolin is used in all sorts of stuff, (mainly topical ointmemts) but your best bet would be a "Natural Health" store. A "Herb Shop" by me had some for twice the price. When I run out I'm switching to a 1 gal jug of RCBS Case Lube II, cheaper, and way less sticky when mixed 1:10 or even 1:11 with Alcohol.

I use a press just for case prep. I lube first, then de-cap, resize and ream the primer pocket on the press. Eventually I’ll have a trimmer on the press, but I’m waiting on trim dies. So for now I have to use an Arsenal case prep center to trim, champfer and de-burr. Then I clean the lube off the cases and hand prime. .223 and .300 blackout are loaded with a powder dropper on the press and bullet seating. Larger calibers I hand measure powder digitally and with a balance scale for tighter tolerances, then seat on the press.

Back
Top Bottom