• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Professional sports teams boycott, refuse to play.

Do you care if professional athletes permanently stop playing?

• I love sports and will die without them

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Those overpaid ass hats can stay home forever.

Votes: 67 90.5%
  • Life is meaningless without tacos.

Votes: 5 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh what he said. But seriously just last night I heard LeBron wouldn't play, then the whole NBA wouldn't play. And I still didn't give a ****. So then the WNBA jumped on board along with the Atlanta soccer team. It just keeps getting better for ME. I hope they keep on boycotting all the way to bankruptcy court. Protest yourselves right out of your insanely overpaid jobs and free up lots of air time . This is win win as far as I can see.

I hope they pull an Eastern Ailrlines. And "Protest" that ass all the way broke.

The players might not need the money for now. But the people paying them damn sure do. Most contracts have performance type clauses in them. No show no pay, injuries are different though. They have huge debts to pay that are growing while funds are disappearing before their eyes. There are banks that are in to much debt to default on the huge stadium loans. That money is owed to some body though and all they can do is wait for them to get people back into the seats to start collecting again. I'm for going to replacements, like the movie. People that want it bad out there playing like every day will be the last day on the field.
I’m all for “Replacements”! Let’s have people play sports again, but without political statements! I’d rather watch mediocre athletes try their best, than put up with all this social justice crap. Pro athletes get rich from playing a game, and get tons of attention, and think we actually give two ***** about their opinion on politics. People aren’t showing up to your games because you’re a great activist, they want to be entertained. So go entertain!

I’m all for “Replacements”! Let’s have people play sports again, but without political statements! I’d rather watch mediocre athletes try their best, than put up with all this social justice crap. Pro athletes get rich from playing a game, and get tons of attention, and think we actually give two ***** about their opinion on politics. People aren’t showing up to your games because you’re a great activist, they want to be entertained. So go entertain!

Bring in the scrubs. Same thing for actors.
5A3C9CA4-6946-4C5D-9901-E58688108D43.gif
[/QUOTE]

NBA, MLB, MLS, WNBA, NFL all have teams boycotting. This is no different that employees boycotting at a factory or office building. When pro athletes support what the Right likes, then it's all YAAAYY! But when they don't, they tear them down. Hypocrites. They have a right to voice themselves just like anyone else. Being an athlete doesn't mean they have less rights.

Maybe the players should think about the ramifications of their actions. Maybe they should look into the stands (during non-Covid times) and recognize all the white faces in the crowd.

Maybe the fans should realize the only reason pro sports is as lucrative as it is, is because players of color dominate and make it interesting. Nobody is forcing all those white faces to be there.

Isn’t every thing we are seeing these days about money, ultimately?! Comply , stop resisting. Jacob would not be shot if he wuz still in prison for the rape of a 14 y/o.
The culture differences will never change.

He was never charged with assaulting a minor nor was he convicted of any sexual assault. That was 7/7/2020. His ex-girlfriend called the cops on him for coming over to get his stuff and trying to get some action. She said he touched her sexually, told him to leave, he grabbed her keys to leave and was arrested. Innocent until proven guilty.

In a 2015 case, were he allegedly pulled a firearm during an altercation and scuffled with cops, he was also not convicted. He would be serving 8.5 years if he had been, yet people keep saying he's a criminal. He has one conviction that he pled NOLO too, which was operating without a license in 2009. Hardly a hardened criminal.

Does anyone care if these over paid ass hats ever play again or ever draw another massive paycheck? Occasionally I have time to watch, but it wouldn’t make a difference in my life if all of them stopped playing and had to get regular jobs.

Let them all go broke and move in amongst their own kind!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom