• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Professional sports teams boycott, refuse to play.

Do you care if professional athletes permanently stop playing?

• I love sports and will die without them

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Those overpaid ass hats can stay home forever.

Votes: 67 90.5%
  • Life is meaningless without tacos.

Votes: 5 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not everyone is bad i think its not about that. Its about Jacob Blake getting shot 7 times. They just want what is right. I think they feel sad and mad about the situation int he past couple months. Sport is like work. I agree if you dont work you dont get paid just like the rest of us. When the Players did not come out to play last night and moving forward they are giving up their paycheck as well. To them is not about the paycheck.

Do you have a source confirming they are giving up their paycheck for their actions of not playing? I would be shocked if this is true.

Do you have a source confirming they are giving up their paycheck for their actions of not playing? I would be shocked if this is true.
It was on ESPN this morning. The NBA players discussed internally to give up their pay or salary to opt out of the playoffs. Also the League and Owners having meeting about budget and stuff so if they players dont play they dont get paid which is reasonable. I rather them play and spend the salary on helping the cause.

Man, I must be out of the loop. I did not know some professional teams did not play last night, only found out when I opened this thread. I have not been watching the NBA. I did watch the Braves play the Yankees. Watched most, not all, of the double header yesterday. I watched golf on Sunday, so I do watch some professional sports, just not the NBA. I doubt that they gave up their paychecks, but I admit I have not checked in to that story. I really don't care if the NBA ever plays again. Just my opinion.

Not everyone is bad i think its not about that. Its about Jacob Blake getting shot 7 times. They just want what is right. I think they feel sad and mad about the situation int he past couple months. Sport is like work. I agree if you dont work you dont get paid just like the rest of us. When the Players did not come out to play last night and moving forward they are giving up their paycheck as well. To them is not about the paycheck.

I disagree this started several years ago and has grown into the cancerous mass you see today. If the players were really concerned with today's events they would have been personally involved outside the field long ago. The people most affected look up to these idiots as heroes and idols they could have had a big impact on the situation a long time ago if they really cared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom