• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Private message concern

teearr

Eagle Icon Supporter
ODT Junkie!
56   0
Reaction score
This a.m. I received notification on my cell phone that vbrass1 had started a private message to me and the message was displayed. When I logged in on my computer the message was not in my inbox and I could not find any details about vbrass1 when I searched in members. Concerned this may be a scam as an out of state gun purchase could be involved.

Would appreciate quick feedback on this as I contacted the reference given by vbrass1 and need to respond today.

Thanks.
teearr

I'd not worry about it, unless I'd already sent money to Gary in Ohio (or where ever he's living and selling guns from now). The user you referenced was almost certainly a spammer/scammer and I can't find any posts from them. They newly registered on Monday.

Were you asked to contact someone in another state who had something you wanted to buy?

I had a similar thing happen today with a different member. It was someone that I'd dealt with before, but hadn't been active on here for almost 6 years. Ostensibly wanted to repay me for a mag missing from a deal 6 years ago and wanted my PPal info. I was going to tell him not to worry about it, logged on here, and no message or history of the message. Definitely fishy.

I had the same thing happen earlier today. Message said someone in Kentucky has the AR lower I'm looking for. Only showed up in my email would not load in ODT. Members name was VBrass

Had a “message” from this guy. Just gave a email address. Definitely a scam. D1A643D3-BAD9-4BCD-9411-A6EDB267D41C.jpeg

I'd not worry about it, unless I'd already sent money to Gary in Ohio (or where ever he's living and selling guns from now). The user you referenced was almost certainly a spammer/scammer and I can't find any posts from them. They newly registered on Monday.

Were you asked to contact someone in another state who had something you wanted to buy?
Yes. Is this a common MO used by these scum?

Had a “message” from this guy. Just gave a email address. Definitely a scam. View attachment 2498913
Yeah, he also told me that Tom in Kentucky has a Taurus revolver for sale! Maybe I'll try to arrange a meet up with "Tom" to see what he's really got, lol...Road Trip Yeahhhh!

Back
Top Bottom