• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Private Car Sellers that are actually Sleezy Dealers here on the ODT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caveat Emptor
Really??? I thought I am suppose to rely on others to help keep me protected. Of course, it is the buyers ultimate responsibility when buying used. But at least make the Car Flippers state if they are Dealer dealing in auction cars just to make a buck or a True Private Seller. Hell, ODT makes sure that we, the law biding citizens, list our items in specific locations or they get their butt hurt.

ODT should make Sleeze Car dealers on the ODT state they are Sleeze Car Dealers.

Carfax better yet Carvanna or Carguru.

I went to look at a car once and the guy kept mentioning it's carfax report showed nothing, handed it to me when I got there.

That car had very obviously been through a flood. He had re-coated the engine bay but the buckles were rusted. Went to sit in the seat and almost fell backwards. "Oh that just needs a bolt!", He proclaimed. Still took it for a drive and am so glad I didn't pull out in front of anybody. A 4.6 litre v8 that couldn't even lay a wheel in a hard turn. Just sputtered along.

Apparently getting a dealer license in Georgia has a REALLY low bar. I had a car lot in Florida years ago and the license was difficult to get and keep. The DMV guy would randomly drop by at least once a month just to make sure our paperwork was in order.

I've met and know of so many people that have dealers licenses. Some just to make money on the side, many just so the could go to auction and cut out the middle man. I don't know if you even have to take a test. Probably just pay a fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom