• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Private Car Sellers that are actually Sleezy Dealers here on the ODT

Status
Not open for further replies.
No you didn't. If you want to fix it get rid of the Rino's and liberals.

That's the problem - the Rinos just have to claim how conservative they are, and all the sheeple line up to vote for them. - Just like the 2A, they are all big supporters until it comes time to do something.

The first seller said to me "I have a reputation to keep up on the ODT" so I will get it fixed, the leak, right away. He called me late the next day and said it is fixed but I am going to have to charge you 425 more. I said, sounds fair and told him to meet me same race track and I said to him let me see your Auction invoice showing how much you paid for the vehicle. He said what is that suppose to mean and I said I know its an Auction Vehicle and I am willing to pay you $500 over the Auction Invoice. He shook his head and left. The racetrack is only 5 mins from my house so I didnt care.....Ha!
Will you please pm me that asshats screenname?

Your dad bought you a car at 16?
Ahhh, you rich kids...
No kidding!! I had to work at a PT job while in high school at 15yo if i wanted a car at 16 - which is what i did- my folks matched my money. I ended up with $5,000 total from us both - got a Chevy Pick up:)

Are you serios? ODT does not screen sellers. That's not what it does. Think of ODT as the old fashioned For Sale board in your local Feed and Seed store. That's all it is.
ODT has a Dealer icon. These self made dealers are trying to pass off auction vehicles as a private sale.

So the A/C blew warm and he didn't know if the timing belt was changed?..Thats it?

That wouldn't have stopped me from buying a used car I liked.
My point exactly...if it were a true private seller he would have known if the belt had been changed and most private sellers will state major imperfections .

Necromancing a year old thread?
It is up to SELLERS to decide if they are are dealer. ODT does not police them. You may not like or agree with it, but it what it is. I am sorry.

Go try to buy something of facebook marketplace, that place is 50% outright scams...If a big company like FB is has that level of scams how do you expect ODT going to check if a dealer is real or not?

If you see a guy posting "have the original title in hand" especially when the old ads for that person shows another 10+ vehicles listed/sold in the last 6 months, he/she is probably a "title flipper." The state frowns heavily on someone buying a used vehicle and not registering it as their own before selling it again, thus they are simply "flipping the title" with wording that implies they are the original owner. By never registering it themselves, as a private seller, they save on the ad valorem tax that is routinely paid at registration.

The person(s) selling, as a private seller, should always transfer the title from their name to the buyer; if someone else's name and info is on the title, I would run away, even if told "I am just helping an 80-year old lady sell her F250"!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom