• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Primers splitting during resize/deprime

I've had problems with Hornady brass before. I had to load 454 Casull to 80% of the Manual max, vs. my normal 95% I used for Winchester. At 95% Hornady brass got stuck in the cylinder.

I've had problems with Hornady brass before. I had to load 454 Casull to 80% of the Manual max, vs. my normal 95% I used for Winchester. At 95% Hornady brass got stock in the cylinder.
I always load lite, especially my 454s, never had that problem, I’m shooting hard core freedom rounds, from freedom Wyoming, the 454 can be such a beast ! Also I’m not sure what kind of brass I’ve been loading?.. but been doing the 454 thing for around 25 yrs. I’ll be sure to stay clear of hornady brass, thanks for the word!

This thread reminds me that some hornady brass (LEVERevolution) is shorter than normal. I wonder if that plays into any of this.

https://www.hornady.com/ammunition/leverevolution#!/
I throw that shyte in the trash when I come across it. It's useless for a correctly throated 45-70 chamber. I don't know what the reason was for making the cases shorter, but they are useless for creating a seal at the mouth when the round is fired.

Back
Top Bottom