• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pricing is higher than "BEEP"...(rant)

Work has gotten increasingly stressful. We rely on our vendors to have material or be able to ship it but we keep getting lead times into the end of November. Pricing has gone up 35% on all of the non-domestic fittings we purchase because they claim the price of shipping containers went from $2500 to $10,000 each. That’s my biggest concern.

Work has gotten increasingly stressful. We rely on our vendors to have material or be able to ship it but we keep getting lead times into the end of November. Pricing has gone up 35% on all of the domestic fittings we purchase because they claim the price of shipping containers went from $2500 to $10,000 each. That’s my biggest concern.
We are suffering from the wrong bets suppliers made when they looked at their markets and tried to predict what products/items, etc. they had in inventory already or could readily reproduce with available resources at the time. Many of them guessed wrongly. Many just opted to thin out what they had and relied on marketing and BS to push the consumer market to buy into it. The rest are finding out the repercussions of those wrong guesses.

My labs are running an extra week on regular items that used to take 7-10 business days to get. Supplies and materials are up 15% from 2019 and the quantity of packaging is less than it used it to be. It will likely get much worse before it gets better.

My labs are running an extra week on regular items that used to take 7-10 business days to get. Supplies and materials are up 15% from 2019 and the quantity of packaging is less than it used it to be. It will likely get much worse before it gets better.

So I guess this means my grill is going to cost as much as a ODT Glock :doh:

Work has gotten increasingly stressful. We rely on our vendors to have material or be able to ship it but we keep getting lead times into the end of November. Pricing has gone up 35% on all of the domestic fittings we purchase because they claim the price of shipping containers went from $2500 to $10,000 each. That’s my biggest concern.
I got a quote for a 20foot shipping container from Isreal and it was 14k. that was last week

Back
Top Bottom