• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Price gouging on ammo

Well? You have now that there is the possibility that the people I'm watching might have Snickers bars.
ate 4 snickers still an asshole.jpg

O would buy what I needed and pay the price. Then....when supply eases and the price comes down I'd lay in a supply.

OK but from who? Would you pay double retail just to have it immediately or take some time to find it at normal price? Ammo isnt like TP or mask needed for work as those items are out of stock EVERYWHERE. Lets face it ammo is still in stock in a number of places and there are retailers that have always sold ammo at normal prices without gouging.

Part of it is just supply and demand, we have been spoiled on low prices for a long time.

This is the answer. If you buy propane you will notice the price goes up on the retail side every winter even if the wholesale price does not. The past 4 years have been abnormally low on AR prices and ammo prices. Anyone who did not stock up by now gets what they deserve. You have to pay attention. The only exception would be someone under the age of 20 who has not had the chance to stock up in the last 4 years. I have yet to see anyone unhappy about prices selling ammo for the prices form 2 months ago. I look forward to more $59 Mosins being listed $25 1911's and $150 Garands. Shall we all reminisce about the good old days?

This is the answer. If you buy propane you will notice the price goes up on the retail side every winter even if the wholesale price does not. The past 4 years have been abnormally low on AR prices and ammo prices. Anyone who did not stock up by now gets what they deserve. You have to pay attention. The only exception would be someone under the age of 20 who has not had the chance to stock up in the last 4 years. I have yet to see anyone unhappy about prices selling ammo for the prices form 2 months ago. I look forward to more $59 Mosins being listed $25 1911's and $150 Garands. Shall we all reminisce about the good old days?
I also didn't buy enough silver when it was $4.20/oz spot in the early 1990s. Could one my ODT brethren hepp a feller out and sail me sum of theirs at $5.00/oz. That'd be fair, right?

Price gouging.........WHO CARES and better yet why? I personally think it's rude and disrespectful to rip anyones post because they want whatever for whatever they are selling. If out of line, no one will buy. Pretty simple in my book. Is it because the guy selling .9mm for a dollar per round won't sell it to you for .16 or cheaper? I've bought, traded and sold on here a bunch over the years and when did so many start caring what others are willing to spend their money on? Especially anything nonessential. Water, food, medicine even med masks I get it... Some justify their negative comments by claiming they are trying to "protect" the ODT community but that is BS. Rant over.

Back
Top Bottom